Dear Krew,
How did I get so lucky to be your Mom?
As I reflect back on this day one year ago, I get tears in my eyes – happy tears, but tears, nonetheless. I remember it so vividly, like it was yesterday. The smell of my sweet newborn baby, the soft baby skin, and the little baby cries. You were this perfect, little gift from God. I couldn’t believe that we created another perfect little boy and I was literally on cloud nine the whole day! You were the best baby and just slept all day until you were hungry. Then, we’d hear you grunting to get up and eat. This lasted for four months. (The doctor said that was totally normal and fine.) At five months, you decided to wake up and show us your sweet, little personality. And you haven’t stopped since!
You have done things quite a bit later than your brother – like sit up, crawl, and walk, and that’s ok because you are your own person. I liked that I was able to use him as a comparison but quickly realized that you would not be exactly like him. One thing he did not beat you on was cutting teeth…you are a hungry one!
I was a little sad when we got your first haircut last Friday because I was afraid that you wouldn’t look like a baby any more. You still have so many baby attributes though…like those chubby cheeks. I can’t get enough of your cheeks and I constantly kiss them and eat ‘em up! You have lengthened out quite a bit, so I don’t notice the chub on your little body as much, but you still feel like you weigh a ton (or as much as your brother!).
I love to hear you talk. You can say Momma, Dadda, Baby, and Bubba. Those are the main things that I hear right now and notice the most. I think Baby is probably the sweetest. That’s what I call you most of the time, so that’s why you hear it so much.
You are definitely still a Momma’s boy and you love for me to hold you – until you see something that you want on the floor. Then, you will literally try to throw yourself to the floor. You also like to crawl and chase after your brother to try to get whatever toy he is trying to keep from you. You have no desire to walk because you crawl so fast – and that’s ok. I’m sure you won’t be crawling to kindergarten.
I can’t wait to see how your personality changes as you grow and to see the little person that you will be. I hope that you will always be happy. And I hope that you will be a kind, caring, and sweet person. The world needs more of those people.
Above all, I hope you will always know how much I love you.
I hope you have a wonderful first birthday, little man!
Love,
Momma

No comments:
Post a Comment