My whole house is sick right now. It's not fun. I feel bad for my babies because they have been miserable. They can't breathe, which makes sleeping really hard. Kross can take medicine, but Krew can't. I found these new "Tiny Cold Tablets" from the same company that makes the "Teething Tablets" and it's for babies 6 to 12 months old. I'm not sure how well they work, but I'll try it!
They were both fine on Friday and then both woke up Saturday with stuffy noses and congestion. Krew was up at 5:40 and Kross was up at 6:20. Krew had his one year pics on Saturday afternoon and I knew that there would be no time to reschedule them. I figured since it was just an hour, we could push through them.
Ask me how much fun it is to suck a baby's nose with the booger sucker. I think I'd rather pull my fingernails out! But, it is necessary to prevent the drainage from causing an ear infection. If I hear loose snot, I'm sucking it. I'm sure Kross is glad that he is no longer subject to the booger sucker!
Krew has a bad gag reflex so he gags at the drainage and spits up from it, so I was cleaning up a generous amount of that out of the carpet at 6:45 that morning.
Kross was pretty normal until Saturday night. Then, he was pitiful so he got to sleep in our bed with us. This never happens. He snuggles up to Daddy in bed and then decides to lay sideways in bed. I'm just glad his head ended up on my side!
On a positive note, I have been able to get in lots of snuggles with my babies. I'll even take the snuggles at 3:30, 4:30 and 5:30 on a Sunday morning. Krew woke up with a bad tummy ache and I think it was from the birthday cake that he ate during his picture session. Also, neither one of my kids has lost their appetite. They've both been eating very well.
I was dead tired and didn't know if I'd make it until bedtime. I attempted to sleep when the kids slept but poor Krew was crying out all through his nap, so I didn't sleep well at all. And Kross was moaning all through his and he ended up in bed with me again at naptime. Thankfully, my mom offered to help me yesterday afternoon, so we packed up and went to Nini and Pappaw's house.
This cold bug can go away! It seems like we just had this about a month ago!
1 comment:
I am sorry girl, I hate when the babies are sick! I laughed at the part about Kross sleeping with y'all, because Brady was in the bed with us last night and I ended up with the feet! Why do they insist sleeping like that??!! Lol. Oh well, the snuggles are nice! Hope they are better soon!
Post a Comment