One thing that has really helped me adjust to having two kids is having a routine. I started doing scheduled feedings and a routine with Kross as an infant and I really think it helped me as a new mom. We pretty much do everything at the same time every day. I think kids thrive on structure and routines. They become comfortable with routines and it makes things easier for you as a parent. Just my opinion.
And this is another incident where he wouldn't quit being mean to his brother.
For us, one major thing is SLEEP. We are almost always home at naptime and bedtime. On the weekends, we may adjust bedtime a little later, but it doesn't happen often. Babies that don't get enough "good" and uninterrupted sleep are CRANKY and nobody wants to have a cranky baby if they don't have to.
So, I thought I would document what our routine normally looks like:
4:50 - I get up and get ready for work.
5:30 - I make a bottle for Krew and go and get him up and dressed. Kevin wakes Kross up and dresses him.
6:15 - Kross and Krew go to Nana's. I head to work.
4:00 - Pick up kids.
4:45 - Arrive home.
7:00 or 7:15 - Krew has bedtime bottle given by Daddy (most of the time). Kross gets bath.
7:30 - Krew is asleep for the night.
8:30 - Kross goes to bed.
Weekends are virtually the same, but the difference is that sometimes both kids will sleep later. Naptime for Krew is around 9:00, 12:00 or 1:00, and 3:00 or 4:00. Sometimes he only naps for an hour at a time. Kross naps around noon for about 2-3 hours. I have always scheduled things around naptime because I know what happens if we delay or miss it. Again, this is what works for us, not everybody.


No comments:
Post a Comment