Happy, Happy Birthday to my first baby, Kross Ray!
You know your shapes, numbers, and colors. You also surprise me all the time with your vocabulary, some of which currently includes “nerves” as in “you’re getting on my nerv –es!”, “serious” as in “It’s really sir-us”, and “nervous” as in “I’m real nervous. My hands are all jumpy!” Yes, these are really things that you’ve said to me. It shocks me that you know some of these words and know the correct context to use them. I think you are very smart! You have grown miles in a year as far as speech goes. I remember last year at your two year doctor’s appointment, the doctor mentioned to me that we might need speech therapy if you didn’t start talking more by two and a half. I laugh at that now.
You are a little bit OCD about putting things in a row or a line, such as cars, trucks, and food. You like to help me do the laundry by putting the clothes in the washer and you’ve even tried folding them. Most of the time you like to run and play. You love the ride-on toys – bikes, four-wheelers, and cars. You have very good balance and coordination for a three year old and you can run fast with those little legs!
You totally have my personality and attitude and sometimes this creates a problem. You can throw a temper tantrum like no other! I don’t even think some moms can imagine what kind of scene this is – complete with wall-kicking, spitting, and head banging! Wow, definitely a challenge! You are stubborn, but you can also be very loving. At any random time, you will run up to me to ask for a kiss and I always make sure to stop what I’m doing and give you one because I know that one day this might stop. You are a very shy little boy until you get in your comfort zone and that doesn’t take very long.
Kross Ray,
It is because of you that I have the names “Mommy, Mom, and Momma.” You are one smart little boy and you have taught me the meaning of loving unconditionally. There is nothing in this world that you could do to make me love you any less. You truly are one of a kind and I’m so lucky that you are my baby boy. I am eager to watch you live and learn, make new friends along the way, and grow into the person that God wants you to be.
I’ll love you forever!
Momma

1 comment:
Happy birthday sweet Kross!! I cant believe he is already 3. I love all the pictures....and yes, his speech seems fine! Ha!
Post a Comment