So...back to the appt...My blood pressure was a little high so the medical assistant checked it three times to make sure she was getting an accurate reading. (I got stuck in traffic on the way and my husband surprised me so I thought that might have something to do with it.) She got me to uncross my legs and quit talking and that still didn't change it much. The PA was going to measure my cervix and make sure that it was closed so that I could fly on Friday. It was measuring a bit short - only about 4-4.25 cm. She said they normally like them to measure 5-7 cm, but she said it looked fine. Kross's heartbeat was 122 bpm the first time we checked it and I commented that that sounded alot lower than two weeks before. She said sometimes when the mother lays on her back the baby's heartbeat slows down quite a bit so I turned on my side and she checked it again. This time it was 128 bpm. She said that was ok since they do lower alot the closer you get to your due date. I thought that he had turned since it felt like he was doing flips in there. He had his head perfectly centered over my cervix, his back/spine were straight up past my belly button, and his arms and feet are over on my right side.
I go back on Tuesday for them to start checking to see if I'm dilated any. I'm excited about that and we will talk about the delivery.
This is a 34 week picture of me. It looks like I'm hiding a basketball under my dress.
1 comment:
Apryl you look so cute! You definitely look like you are hiding a basketball!! =)
Post a Comment