So Friday I came home, walked into the nursery and saw that one of the letters that I had worked so hard to paint and make perfect was laying on the floor - broken in pieces - not fixable. I had to go buy another K and I've started repainting it but I'm just not as motivated as I was the first time around. Strike ONE!
Saturday I went by Target to get Kevin some socks - he was not with me at the time. I took a little detour through the baby section and noticed that the jogging stroller I wanted was on sale for $54.98 - half off the regular price. SCORE! They had one left. I did not see anyone around to help me lift it into the cart and I did not have my $50 Target giftcard with me. I decided I wanted to come back with Kevin a little later and get it. I mean seriously, how many people could be out looking for jogging strollers on Saturday? Apparently, ALL of them. I went back with Kevin and our giftcard that afternoon and it was gone. I had Target check their inventory and every other inventory of every Target in the DFW area...no jogging strollers left anywhere. My mom even called the Galveston Target and no luck. Strike TWO!

**On the bright side, we did get four footy pajamas(?) for Kross for a total of $7.50 at Target.
Then, we decided to go look for new phones since we're both eligible for upgrades. We left without new phones because neither one of us could decide which one we wanted. FOUL BALL!
We were headed to eat dinner and then to a movie - Marley and Me. We went to eat at Rockfish since I had two coupons. I couldn't decide which one to use - free fish and chips meal or $5 off your order. I wasn't sure if I wanted fish and chips but I got it anyway because it was listed as a favorite on the menu. It was awesome! We only spent $20. SCORE! We got to the movie extra early and picked our seats out. I got plenty of tissues because I heard that I would surely cry. The movie filled up quickly and about 10 minutes into when it was supposed to start, a worker came in and said they were going to have to restart the projector because the film wouldn't play. He said it would be 5 minutes and they'd have it playing. Fifteen minutes went by and he came back and said I'm sorry it's just not going to work so we're cancelling the movie for tonight. You can go see another movie that is playing or you can get a refund at Customer Service. We just got a refund because we were tired of waiting for a movie to start and our bellies were stuffed. FOUL BALL!
Sunday we decided we would go look for area rugs for our living room because we decided to get rid of our coffee table since the top of it was looking pretty bad lately. We figured it would open up the living room and be easier to put a baby down on the rug instead of the wood floor. DUH! We went to Garden Ridge, Lowes, Home Depot, Target, Home Goods, and Walmart - no rug. Then, we decided to look at phones again - thinking that we could make a decision. No such luck. I made my decision but Kevin hadn't. Since he had been waiting for a new phone alot longer than I had, I decided to wait until he could decide too. So after three hours of shopping, we came home empty-handed! Strike THREE!
Normally, you'd be out by this time...but we decided to go look again Monday - at rugs and phones. Day two of rug shopping...we went to a few places in Lewisville - Big Lots, Tuesday Morning, and some furniture store. At that point I said "Should we go back by Garden Ridge?" Kevin said sure, so off we went. We looked and looked and found one we both liked but it needed to be just a tad bit bigger. They were putting a new shipment out the whole time we were looking. Just as we were about to give up and leave, we found it! It was an 8x10 for $99.99 (all the rest in that size were about $200 and up) with the perfect colors to match our living room. SCORE! Now, off to the phone store. Supposedly we both knew which phones we wanted...we walked in and were helped right away. I got my phone and Kevin looked once more at the two that he had narrowed it down to. He made a decision and we purchased two new phones for $120...now everyone knows that phones are pricey, so I thought we did well with this one too! SCORE!


So I guess the weekend wasn't so bad after all!
Hope everyone had a good one!
1 comment:
The rug looks really good in your living room. Sounds like you guys had a pretty good weekend!
Post a Comment