Sunday, January 11, 2009

New Belly Pics and Baby Updates

This week I will be 30 weeks! Yikes! We will have a baby here in like 10 weeks. I am so excited and scared at the same time. Before then we plan on going to a Basics in Baby Care and a Breastfeeding class at the hospital. Yes, the husbands go to the breastfeeding class too. I already asked.

So here is what our baby is doing at 29 weeks:
He now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamin C, folic acid, and iron. His bones are soaking up lots of calcium, so I have to be sure to drink lots of milk! This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in his hardening skeleton each day.

Drinking milk is not a problem because I go through about a gallon a week...most of the time I finish it in under a week! I LOVE IT!

Kross has been very active lately. His routine used to consist of being active in the morning and at night only. Now I feel him all day long. He gets the hiccups about 4-5 times a day most days and this can become very irritating when he has his head-down. I am sure he's irritated too. It's becoming a little uncomfortable to sleep but for the most part I am still getting plenty of sleep at night, so I can't complain at all. Other than the occassional back aches, I have been very lucky. I haven't been getting heartburn or anything.

I still try to work out at least two days a week...three times in a good week. My weight gain is about 17 pounds right now.

I haven't posted any belly pics in a while so here are a few to catch you guys up.

27 1/2 weeks



29 1/2 weeks


1 comment:

Lisa said...

YAY!!! only 10 weeks to go!