Wednesday, January 6, 2010

First Haircut

When: December 30, 2009

Age: 9 1/2 months old

Where: Doyle's Barbershop, Texas City

Who: Becky (who also cuts my brother's and Dad's hair)

This was a very big step for Momma because I felt like I was letting go of my baby and getting a little boy. This growing up thing is very hard on me! I wish I could just freeze time and make him stay little forever. I love watching him grow but it's so sad for me at the same time. I almost cried today when I saw him walking behind his train. More on that subject later...for now, let's talk about the haircut. I was apprehensive about taking him because I wasn't sure how he would react. He is a little young for a first haircut, but I was afraid I would mess it up if I tried to trim over his ears and it was getting pretty shaggy looking. When we walked in, I could tell all the ladies were looking at us like...I hope that's not mine. They are scared to cut babies' hair because they aren't sure how they will act...scream, squirm, cry, etc. Well, I am happy to say that he did very well. He just sat there in my lap and was still most of the time. He chewed on the cape that they put on him and he sucked his paci. I turned him a few times so she could get all of his hair. She used the shears and clippers on him. I think he liked the buzzing sound because he got real still when she turned the clippers on. Then she used the little air-blower to get the hair off of his neck. She actually cut quite a bit off. We are still able to spike it, put it in a mowhawk and basically do whatever to it...it just looks cuter now. And he looks like a little boy and not a baby any more.

I realize that this is alot of pics of a first haircut, but we took about 60! I wanted to capture it all so that we will always remember his first haircut.




















The Finished Product - Cute, Little Baby Mohawk

2 comments:

Katy said...

So cute! I love his new big boy cut.

Lisa said...

awwwwh he looks so handsome!!!!