Wednesday, December 9, 2009

An Unfortunate Incident

So yesterday I called Kevin to check on Kross in the morning because he had been running a fever on Monday and he told me that he overslept and was trying to hurry. He took Kross' temp and said it was just 99.1, which was normal so that was ok. He called me back about 10 minutes later and asked me if I noticed anything weird when I left the house. I said no because I didn't. I leave at 5:40 and it's pitch black outside so I can't see anything. It was also misting rain. Well, he told me that someone had stolen the wheels and tires off his truck. His truck was held up by a jack in the back and cement garden blocks in the front. I could tell he was in shock from the sound of his voice. Then, he tells me that the dog just got out, so I freaked out. I immediately forgot about the truck and was worried about my dog because she is so FAST and will be gone down the street the more you chase after her. He was also holding Kross as he was chasing her. He chased her and the only reason he was able to catch her was because she stopped to poop in the neighbor's yard.

Kevin called the insurance company to let them know and they were going to have an adjuster come look at it and take pics. The cop took his sweet time getting there. I called Laura and told her that we needed help. She went to pick Kross up and then let Kevin use her truck for the rest of the day. They told him that he would get a rental car, but we still haven't seen that. I'm not sure how they thought he was going to get around all day yesterday and today. The car dealership was supposed to pick his truck up yesterday but they couldn't because there was no way for him to get the keys to them since he was in class. He left them with the truck today so they were sending a wrecker and some tires and wheels so they could tow it to the dealership.

Kevin just started parking in the back of the house in the driveway about a week or so ago. Our neighbor said that he was up late but didn't notice anything. He even offered to let Kevin use his extra car. The cop said that this is happening everywhere in Lewisville. They are taking factory wheels and tires off trucks and keeping them in storage and then selling them to body shops. We will be getting locks on the wheels to prevent them from taking them again. Now I'm paranoid about someone breaking into my house. Allie was pretty shaken up too because she was not acting herself at all last night. She was on the lookout for the thieves!

1 comment:

The Hideout said...

I'm really sorry that you guys had to experience that. I know with the few situations JD and I have been in with vandalism outside our home to our property, it leaves you feeling very paranoid and uneasy. It's weird that WE have to learn these valuable lessons the hard way. Lord, knows it's an expensive lesson. Hope you don't have to go through anything like that again.