And a sick baby! He is officially crawling. He did this over the weekend but I thought it was a one time thing. Then he did it again last night and he would only take a couple of strides at a time and then turn and sit. Ms. Laura says he is crawling today...meaning arms and legs both moving. I hope to get a video of it soon.
We had Kross' 6 month well baby checkup yesterday and we were there for 2 hours! Yes, you heard me right, 2 HOURS! I didn't want him to touch anything so I stood up and held him the whole time until he was tired enough to fall asleep on me. He slept for a good 30+ minutes before the doctor came in. Then, he was rudely awakened when she wanted to look at him. He ignored her and then started crying because he had a bit of stranger anxiety. He couldn't see me because I was behind him. She asked about a flu shot for him and I asked about the side effects. I'm still not sure if he's going to get it or not. He's also been congested and she listened to him and said that it's all in his nose. I'm supposed to put saline drops in and then suck the mucus out. We already have the head of his mattress elevated. Hopefully he will start feeling better soon or we will be missing another football game this week. He got three shots and his rotavirus medicine, which is a liquid.
He was up quite a bit of the night and I think it's because he got a fever from his shots. I gave him some tylenol at 2:00 and I think that helped some because he went to sleep for a little bit. Ms. Laura said his fever was 100.6 this morning and she gave him some more tylenol and he felt better within about an hour.
His 6 month stats:
Weight: 17.2 lbs (which I think is wrong because his head was not even on the scale) 50th percentile
Length: 26.5 inches 50th percentile
Head: 43 cm 25th percentile
No comments:
Post a Comment