
Happy ½ Birthday Kross Ray!!
September 12, 2009
What you are doing at 6 months:
-Wearing size 3-6 month clothing and some 6 month clothes
-Still wear size 2 diapers but once I’m finished with the little bit that I have left (within this week) we will be buying you size 3 diapers
-Drink a 4-6 oz bottle about an hour before your baby food feedings and then every 2-3 hours between those feedings
-Eat cereal with prunes or some other fruit for breakfast, a vegetable and fruit at lunch, a vegetable at dinner, and then a cereal bottle at bedtime
-You love carrots and bananas the most. You also like squash, sweet potatoes, green beans, applesauce, pears, and peaches.
-You love to talk to me while you’re eating your baby food. I think it’s because you’re telling me how good you think it is. Most of the time it sounds like you’re saying “Mmmmm…” but you also throw in some other sounds too. Sometimes the food flies all over you, your bouncer, my clothes, and my face – including my eyes. I usually just laugh about it and tell you that we don’t talk when we’re eating.
-You are still just doing the “scoot”…not crawling yet. You get on all fours and sort of throw or lunge yourself forward using your arm strength.
-Now that you are sitting up alone, you like to go from a crawling position to sitting and from sitting to crawling by yourself and can move all around the floor to play with your toys.
-You love to sit in your bumbo at Ms. Laura’s house and pick up cheerios and fruit loops (working on your pincher grasp). Ms. Laura just showed me yesterday and I was so impressed with you. She said you fling the cheerios on the floor because they aren’t colorful like the fruit loops. You even get some into your mouth and eat them. I was a little nervous about this at first but she showed me that they turn to mush in a matter of seconds.
-You love your Daddy so much and sometimes wait for him to get home so he can rock you to sleep.
-Even when Daddy holds you, you are constantly looking for Momma (and I love this!). Your Daddy brought it to my attention on Sunday that you were very upset that I was working and that every time you saw me, you would smile and reach for me.
-You are now reaching out for everything you want – that includes Momma! You try to grab any and everything you see and sometimes it is very hard to hold you back.
-You babble on about everything. Your favorite thing to say right now is “Dada dada dada.” I think this is because you don’t see Daddy much right now and we always talk about him. I only hear “Mama” when you are mad.
-You have learned that you can bounce up and down in your exersaucer and you do this when you get really excited.
-When you get excited you really like to flap your arms and kick your legs.
-You are an overall happy baby and your smile is the sweetest. It melts my heart every time I see it. I can have a bad day, but as soon as I see you smile at me, it makes me forget everything about my day.
Your Daddy and I love you very much. I get really sad when I realize how fast you’re growing up. I just want to freeze time for a little bit because this is such a fun age and you are so much fun! Sometimes I just like to watch you sleep because you are so peaceful and beautiful. We are so lucky to have been given such a perfect and beautiful baby boy and we thank God every day for you.


1 comment:
Kross - this is your Aunt Katy. I want to wish you a happy 1/2 birthday! When I read what your Mom wrote it brought tears to my eyes (and it probably didn't help that I am 8 months pregnant...haha). I remember the day you were born and how we were all a little worried about you at first. Now, look what a big boy you have become! I can't wait for you to meet our little man, Brady. I just know you boys will be good friends. I love you Kross Ray!
Post a Comment