I am currently 19 weeks and 5 days. Baby K is the size of a large heirloom tomato. He is about 6 inches - head to bottom. Hair is sprouting on his scalp. Baby's brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. He may be able to hear my voice now. Arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of his body now. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on his skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

I also had my 20 week appt on Monday. We had a 3D /4D sonogram. Baby K wasn't very cooperative again. He had his arms over his face pretty much the whole time. The doctor said he weighs 10 oz now and he looks very healthy although she did say he was a little small. She wasn't concerned about that though. He had his little legs crossed at the ankle and he has a cute little profile. He looks just like Kevin with a cute little nose. The doctor measured all of his bones and everything is measuring normal. I got one little picture and it's really bad because he's covering most of his face. I'm going to share it anyway and point out what I can see. If you still can't see those parts, don't worry...it's hard to find them. He's really skinny right now too. At my 28 week 3D/4D he should have more fat on him. Kevin and I are so excited about this baby. As soon as football is over we are going to start on his room. We can't wait to meet our little man! My due date is still March 26, 2009. My next appt is Dec 1.

Football news: We are currently in 2nd place in the district. We play Hebron this week and it's a big game. They are undefeated. If we win, we have a chance to be district champs. Regardless, we are still in the playoffs. Wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment