Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Vet...Stinks!

Why is it that every time you take your dog to the vet its like you're taking $100 and flushing it down the toilet?? My Allie is allergic to something. We don't know what though. She scratches and scratches and licks and licks at her paws like she has OCD or something and can't get them clean enough. The vet went through all of the things it could be...normal allergies to pollen and things like that or food and so on. He said for a dog her age, she shouldn't be showing signs of being allergic to something so early...unless it's something bad that she'll be allergic to forever. She got a steroid shot and some antibiotics last month. This time she got some antibiotics about two weeks ago and we got a shot today and some new food to try. She is on a strict diet for a month! Miss Allie does not like to be on diets. Her mom spoils her by mixing some wet food in with the dry food and now she can't have that.


Anyway, we need a change because she's keeping me up all night scratching and licking. It's driving me nuts and I can't sleep because she can't sleep. Please Lord, help my little dog feel better!


So again, why was it $103 for this visit...when I just had a visit a month ago for the same thing? Can I get a break here? The exam was $45, the food $26, and the shot $32. Last time, I swear the visit was $30...and $26 dog food...give me a break! Seriously!! Ok, well I love my dog so I guess I'm going to have to deal with it. I just hope this is the last visit for a while.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

that's a really cutepic of Allie!!!

Katy said...

Aww I hope she feels better. She looks precious in the picture.