Wednesday, February 1, 2012

This Purple Guy...

Right here -



DRIVES.ME.NUTS!

You see, Barney and I go WAY back. I watched Barney videos when I was in daycare! To this day, they still have many of the same songs that were on the videos when I was a kid. For example, this little song about raindrops, lemon drops, and gumdrops came on and my mom wondered how in the world I knew that song since I had never seen that Barney episode. It was on one of the VHS tapes we saw at daycare. My brother even knew the song and sang the chorus for me. Oh and back then, they did not have these other little dinosaurs...WELCOME

Baby Bop - The green one (AKA Baby Pop)
Her brother, BJ - the yellow one
And cousin, Riff - the orange one (Kross calls him Rib!)

Baby Bop has the most annoying, whiney voice ever...and she's always whining about something. And don't get me started on the annoyingly over-excited kids on the show. They get excited over a sheet of toilet paper...not really, but you get the idea. I guess I should thank the Barney creators for occupying my child for 30 mins so that I can have time to do other chores...like checking facebook and my e-mails, I'm kidding...well not totally. Kross will occassionally sit still for 30 mins at a time during Barney. It is nice for him to have a little quiet time and the show is educational...I just wish I could mute it!





1 comment:

The Hideout said...

So not looking fwd to this if Donovan happens to like. He's already mesmerized by Sponge bob and i was hoping so desperately he didn't take to that cartoon. I'm sure it's the colors and movement, plus squeaky voices of the characters. Barney can stay away for a while as far as i'm concerned. LOL