Sunday, February 5, 2012

3 Months Old

• Weighed 13.5 lbs at the doctor on January 17, and was 23.75 in. The doctor says you are a chunk!

• You wear a size 2 diaper.

• Clothing size varies depending on the brand. You wear some 0-3 month and some 3 month clothes, but some 3 month clothes don’t fit any more.

• You eat about 4-5, sometimes 6 oz (at night) every three hours during the day. You are still getting Mommy’s milk all day, and your bedtime bottle is the only formula you get and it also has a little bit of cereal in it. We just started formula two weeks ago.

• You are a great sleeper…ALL DAY and NIGHT! I feel bad because some days you have only been awake a few hours because you like your sleep so much. Most nights you will sleep from 9:00 to 4:30 or 5:00. You take a bottle and go back to sleep. If you wake up before then, you have a bottle and go right back to bed.

• You are a very happy, smiley baby. You are grinning so much these days!

• I call you my “Little Turkey Man” or “Turkey Baby” because it was right around Thanksgiving that we noticed you were really looking quite round in your belly, like a little butterball turkey! I sing little songs to you that I’ve made up about my “Turkey Man!” You give me the biggest smile!

• You love to lay on your back and play on your activity mat. You kick and kick and kick those little legs.

• We can’t really get you to do tummy time…not that it bothers you, but you think it’s just a new sleep position and you lay down for a nap. You are trying hard to gain neck strength…but it’s hard since you’re a BIG boy.

• You are recognizing voices and you definitely know Momma’s (and my laugh), Daddy’s, and Brother’s. Sometimes Kross scares you because he is a little bit loud, but other times you’ll just look and listen to him as he talks to you.

• You love the swing about 90% of the time we put you in it.

• You love car rides too and will fall asleep in seconds.

• The only time you cry is when you are hungry or have a tummy ache. The tummy thing just started because up until a few days ago, we never had any problems. I’m guessing it’s from starting the formula. Thankfully there have only been a couple of incidents.

• You make sweet, little noises and try so hard to “talk” to us.

• You love to cuddle with Mommy after you have your bottle early in the morning (on weekends) and we go back to sleep for another hour or two. You also love to bury your head in between Daddy’s arm and his chest and fall asleep there after you sit and “talk” to him for a while.

Little Turkey,

I am so sorry that this is the first time I am writing to you, but we had to spend some time getting adjusted to being a family of four. You are the sweetest and most laid back baby. I did not realize how much I missed holding a baby in my arms until you came along. Every time I hold you, I get this “baby high” that only a mommy knows. There is not a better feeling in the world. Don't grow up too fast, please. I love you sweet, little man.

Love always,

Momma

This outfit almost doesn't fit...it's 3 month size and this is the first time I've put it on him. He wouldn't crack a smile for me, but he was probably wondering what the big black thing I was holding was and why it was flashing at him.


We also had a large explosion in our diaper after taking these pics. That was real nice, especially since I was planning on him wearing this outfit tomorrow. Now it's got poo all over it! That's what happens when you don't poo every day...you have ass-plosions!

1 comment:

Katy said...

Lol, he is so cute....poopy outfit and all!