This was my first week back at work and I will be honest and say it was crazy at times. Tuesday we were ten minutes behind because Kross turned our alarm back. We were not late one day though so I am proud of us...all of us. Kevin was totally helpful with the kids and my babies were very cooperative. Let's hope we have more weeks like this!
I had been very sad about going back to work. I was really struggling with the thought of it but I knew I had to do it. I just felt like I bonded so much more with Krew because I was so relaxed this time around. And he's such a good and easy-going baby! That makes it harder to leave them when they grin at you all the time! The time really just flew by this time. He's already going to be 3 months on Tuesday.
I had also struggled with whether or not to switch to formula. I knew he was very happy and content with Mommy's milk but it is very time consuming to pump every 5-6 hours. I tried switching and it was an immediate shock to his tummy so I started pumping again a few days later. That means I get up at 4:30 am to pump, pump twice at work, and pump once more at home before bed at about 10:00. Yes, I'm tired! He does get one bottle of formula with cereal at bedtime to help him sleep and he normally makes it through the night.
The only time I sit during the day is in the car and at work. When we're home, there is constantly something to do. It's pretty crazy, but I'm so glad it was a smooth transition!
No comments:
Post a Comment