Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow Days - Feb 11 and 12, 2010

We just had a winter storm! My mom's flight was canceled and so were pretty much all of the flights to Dallas yesterday afternoon. It started snowing yesterday around 5:00 a.m. or at least that's when I woke up for work and saw it, and it didn't stop until last night after we went to bed. I did not go to work yesterday or today because I do not drive in snow or ice. I'm not comfortable with it and some people just drive too crazy and fast! I bet we got close to 10 or 11 inches of snow. It is supposed to be a record for the DFW area. It looks beautiful, but I wish it would have happened after my mom was here. Kross misses his Ganny and so do I! :(

I wasn't going to let him play in it because he still has a runny nose and I didn't want him to get any worse, but I figured what the heck...it's not like this happens every day! So I bundled him up - in lined wind pants, a fleece top, a thick jacket with a hood, a hat to cover his ears, mittens, and of course socks and shoes. He acted like he couldn't move...he was a little abominable snowman! We went out for about 10-15 minutes for a little photo shoot. I also got pics yesterday and last night when it was snowing so you can see the difference.

Since I have a four day weekend left, I have lots of time to blog, so Kross' 11 month post will be coming later today!

This was the house yesterday morning...






This was it last night...
shrubs

sidewalk








This was this morning...

















Kross and Daddy making a snow angel...







No comments: