Wednesday, May 13, 2009

2 Month Appointment

Yesterday Kross had his two month well-baby checkup. He is doing really well. He is tall and skinny! He's 10.6 lbs (25th percentile), 23 in (50th percentile), and his head is 38.5 cm (50th percentile). I talked to the doctor about how to transition him from being held all the time to sitting by himself so that Mommy can do things around the house. She said to just start with 15 minute increments and put him in his swing (or bouncer). She also told me to lay him down to sleep before he's asleep so that he will learn to put himself to sleep. If he cries, then I will check on him every 10 minutes for the first few times and then increase the time from there. The hardest thing for me is listening to him cry and seeing him cry. He gets this SAD frown on his little face and it's just so sad. So far he hasn't moved out of our room. He still sleeps in the pack n play right next to my side of the bed so that I can wake up and see him right there. He has slept for 5 hours the past two nights. Of course I wake up after three hours wondering why he's not up yet. It would be beneficial to me if I could sleep for five straight hours but I couldn't tell you the last time I did that...even before I was pregnant I was a light sleeper and would wake up often throughout the night. I had decided that I wanted his vaccines to be spread out so that I could watch for any reaction that he would have. The doctor was totally fine with that. Yesterday he got an oral medicine for the rotavirus and he got the HIB vaccine. He let out one loud scream when the nurse gave him the shot but I gave him his pacifier right away and he was done crying. His leg hurt for the rest of the night and he would scream if I even touched it. He was so tired when we got home that he took a nice, 3-hour nap. Here is my sweet man during his nap.

No comments: