Saturday, March 7, 2009

37 Week Appt

I had my 37 week appt on Wednesday. The doctor was 2 hours behind because she had an emergency c-section. I was in no hurry because I actually stayed home the whole day...like I was supposed to be doing. My blood work and lab work all came back fine and my blood pressure was back down to normal, so that was good. I got to see our baby again on the 3D/4D sonogram and he was too cute. He stuck his tongue out at us! The doctor and nurse got a kick out of that. He was definitely showing off for the ladies. His heartbeat was 157 bpm and he looked perfect. He was doing alot of moving around during the sonogram. She said I was having a contraction but I never felt it. I'm still not dilated any. She said maybe a fingertip, but my cervix was really soft.

The plan right now is for me to go in Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. for an appt with the doctor and then depending on whether or not I'm dilated any, I may be checked into the hospital that night at 6:00 to start ripening my cervix. Kross should be born sometime Thursday.

My parents will be here early on Wednesday so they don't miss anything. They are so excited! We are too. Kevin's parents will be coming on Thursday. I can't believe it's only four days away.

We've been doing last minute cleaning up around the house today. Tomorrow is church and then we'll finish cleaning. I washed all of Kross's blankets and some more clothes. We got him some preemie outfits to wear for a little bit because I've heard that if he's even under 7 lbs, he will probably be able to wear a preemie outfit.

We had our last dinner together with just to two of us tonight. It was nice. I must look like I'm ready to pop or something because people wouldn't stop staring at me. That makes me very uncomfortable!

I also finally got a rental car and my car is getting repaired from the accident 2 1/2 weeks ago. FINALLY!

I'll post some updates after my appt on Wednesday along with one last belly pic.

Here are some pics of Kross (not very good quality) and some 37 week belly pics.



2 comments:

Lisa said...

It looks like you cut your hair, until I clicked on the pic and made it bigger...I never thought I'd say this b/c I love your hair long but I think it would look SOOOOOOOO good short!!!! I can not believe the time has FINALLY come and baby Kross is almost here!!! I can not wait to hold him and his his widdle feet! Keegan is very excited to meet her future hubby too! Good luck to you, we love you, you will do wonderful in L&D and we will see you Thursday!!! XOXOXOXO

Katy said...

Ok Apryl - today is your day!! I am so excited and can't wait to hear from you so we know what kind of progress you are making. I know little Kross won't be here until tomorrow - most likely, but I am so excited right now! =)
I can't wait to meet him. We love you guys and I know you will do great!