Friday, August 17, 2012

Krew - 9 Months

July 31, 2012

I know I'm late again.

At his checkup on August 3, he was 21 lbs(73%) and 30.5 in (99%). I switched your formula to get you off of the soy and I don't think you like anything else but soy. I just didn't like all of the bad things that I saw in articles online regarding soy.

Still in size 3 diapers, size 12 and some 18 month clothes...you're a thick baby.

Some things I've never mentioned before: you  have pretty blue eyes. They are not as dark as your brother's eyes, but they are a nice medium shade of blue. Your second toe on both feet overlaps your big toe and it's cute. They are chubby toes and feet. I'm in love with your baby toes!

Still five teeth. This sixth tooth has been trying to push through for about 3 weeks now. You've been miserable. I've given you stuff to chew on - teething toys, washrags, everything! None of it is helping. And we're brushing your teeth with the little finger toothbrush now. You seem to like it.

The best pic we could get was the one with Daddy's hand in there because you would not sit still for 2 seconds!

Just within the last week you have crawled a few times like a normal baby instead of scooting like an army man. You still prefer to scoot! You can also go from scooting to sitting up like a champ. Since you sit so well, I have started letting you sit up in the bathtub too.

We are trying to start you on table food, but you gag any time something chunky touches your mouth. I'm not sure what to do about this. Maybe you're just not ready.

You are into everything...from trying to pull on every cord that dangles to trying to touch the wall sockets to trying to open cabinet doors! Slow down, Man!

Sippy cups are really foreign to you right now. I have given you one with water in it a few times, but you have no idea how to get anything out since you don't hold your own bottle either and don't have a clue how to tilt the cup up. I think we'll have to give you the ones with straws in them like we did with brother.

You refuse to let us rock you unless we get lucky and you fall asleep while drinking a bottle. Most week nights, I have to feed you and then lay you in your bed to go to sleep. I know this is what I'm "supposed" to do, but it's definitely not what I want to do. AT ALL.

Krew,

I can't believe in less than three months we will have a one year old. I knew that time was going to fly by faster than it did the first time, but I was never prepared for it to go this fast. I can honestly say that I have enjoyed every minute of you being my baby. Sometimes the days seem really long, but I always remember that you're only going to be this little once. I won't always get to hold you and rock you, but I'll do it any time you'll let me.

I love you to the moon and back.

Momma

No comments: