Sunday, April 8, 2012

Krew - 5 Months

March 31, 2012


• Weigh 16.5-17 lbs.

• Wear a size 2-3 diaper.

• Wear some 3-6 month, 6 month, and some 9 month clothes.

• Drink 5-6 oz each bottle and have 5-6 bottles a day.

• On your 5 month birthday, we tried cereal with a spoon for the first time and you hated it! The next time I added apples and you liked it a little better but still made a funny face. After that I just went straight to apples. You even make a funny face with just the apples. Maybe you’re not too sure about eating baby food yet but you sure did open your mouth for the spoon. Carrots make you seriously GAG!

• You sleep in your crib now and are a pretty good sleeper. You sleep from about 7:30 or 7:45 until 5:30 with one feeding during the night. We feed you and then you go right back to sleep. Weekends are even better because you sleep until 7:00 or 8:00 in the morning after that middle of the night feeding. There are nights when you sleep all the way through too, but they aren’t real consistent.

• You are getting more and more independent as far as not wanting or needing to be rocked to sleep. This makes me sad, but it’s good that you can put yourself to sleep.

• You still smile so much and so many people comment on how happy you are. Your cranky time is in the evenings during the week and I think it’s because you’re tired but don’t want to fall asleep.

• You gum everything in sight! You try to bite everything and always have slobbery hands. Sometimes you stick your hands so far in your mouth, you gag yourself.

• You constantly have a hand full of my hair. I have to pull it back if I don’t want you to get it.

• You either really dislike me washing your hair or you’re just really tired because you scream when I rinse your hair. That’s the last thing I do during bath time. Up until then you kick your legs and splash around a lot. And since you constantly have your hands in your mouth, you eat the soap during bathtime. I hope it’s non-toxic (the bottle says “Keep Out of Reach of Children”) baby soap. Who makes baby soap that isn’t ok for babies to accidentally eat??

• You like to move around. You scoot from one end of the crib to the other during the night. You can also roll from tummy to back and back to tummy.

• Most of the time you want to be picked up to walk around. You will play on your playmat or in your exersaucer for a short time, but you want someone to hold you and walk around. You also like to sit up but not in someone’s lap. You want to sit on the floor like a big boy. You also like to stand up.

• You love your big brother and love for him to talk to you. I love watching the interaction between you two. He talks and you grin from ear to ear and try your best to grab him. You always want to hold onto him!

Krew,

Wow! I can’t believe that five months have already gone by. I have really been trying to soak in all of the little moments with you because in a flash, they’re gone. I remember with your brother, I couldn’t wait until he could crawl and sit up and walk and talk. This time, I just want you to be a baby. I’m on your time, so I don’t mind waiting for all of that to happen when you’re good and ready. Just the other day you let me rock you to sleep. I sat there with you in my arms and smelled your little hair, looked at all of your little baby rolls, touched the sweet dimples in your hands, rubbed your soft skin, and just embraced that moment. I thank God for little moments like that!

                                                 I’ll Love You Forever,
                                                            Momma

3 comments:

beckylbranch said...

oh my gosh he is so SO adorable!

Katy said...

So stinking cute!!! How did you make that collage?

Unknown said...

Thanks ladies! I love him SO SO SO much!!!