Monday, December 29, 2008

Our Little Angel

Today we got the first "real" look at our baby boy. He was just precious. We thought he looked like Kevin at first but now we don't know who he looks like! Dr. Moser said he's a little small (about a week behind) but she's not concerned because he's been that way the whole time. She made the comment that "Since y'all are both big, the baby should be measuring right on." I said, "Since when is 5'3" BIG?" She then corrected herself and said, "Well he's big...not you." She said there are a few reasons why Kross could be small...they may have estimated the conception date wrong, or it may be because I didn't start gaining weight until 20 weeks so he hasn't caught up yet, or it may just be because I'm going to have a smaller baby. She said if he ever starts measuring any more behind, then she would be worried that the placenta isn't doing its job. Right now she made it clear that he's perfect. She asked me if I could eat more to gain some more weight and I told her that I already eat everything in sight...ask Kevin or my mom. Then, she told me that it was ok. He is no longer breech. He's turned head down, but I know he'll probably turn again. I also did the glucose tolerance test so they can check me for gestational diabetes. Kevin and I went to check with the hospital to make sure that I am preregistered with them and they said everything is set.

I have another appt in two weeks with Jennifer and then another one two weeks after that with Dr. Moser again.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Well you have one handsome little boy! I am so happy for you guys - he is very cute. She got a good shot of him today.

Lisa said...

look at those guns! What a handsome boy =) I'm so excited...I can't wait to meet him and love on him.