Saturday, August 22, 2009

5 Months Old


August 12, 2009

Some things you are doing now:

- Still in size 2 diapers
- You take 3 naps a day: 2 at Ms. Laura's for 1.5 to 2 hrs and one in the evening when you get home for about an hour. This really helps Mommy be able to do things at home!
- Sleep from about 8:00 or 8:30 to 6:00 in the morning when Daddy wakes you up.
- You don't really want your bottle all the time any more. You prefer the baby food.
- You love bananas! Those are your favorite. You will not eat peas. The smell makes you gag. You also like carrots alot and sweet potatoes. We can also trick you into eating green beans. Mommy wants you to eat something green too!
- You like to talk sometimes when I feed you and food goes everywhere, including on me. It's really funny though. The funniest is when you sneeze with a mouth full of food.
- You want to crawl so bad. You get up on all fours and start rocking. You like to throw yourself forward to get whatever it is that we put in front of you.
- You are practicing sitting up but I don't think you care too much about sitting up right now. You mostly just lay forward onto your legs and play with your feet.
- You love your feet! You grab them and sometimes get them to your mouth.
- Everything goes in your mouth...anything you can grab!
- You get so excited and start flapping your arms and kicking your legs. It is the cutest thing ever!
- You always have the biggest grins...especially for pretty girls! You are such a flirt!
- You love when Daddy comes home from work and holds you and plays with you. You get so excited!
- You love to stand too. We hold your hands and you pull yourself up.
- I think the only person that you are ever cranky for is...Mommy! Everyone else always says that you are PERFECT!
- You are still a drool machine. I was sure you would have a tooth by now, but no.
- You love when I sing to you...even if I sound silly and I make up alot of the songs.
- You like to watch cartoons.
- You still like to watch your mobile and your Rainforest soother.
- You do not like your swing at all.
- You cry if you think we are leaving you alone.

Just when we think that we can't love you any more, we DO! You are such a blessing to both of us. You are a happy and good baby. My heart is so full of love for you and we are so blessed that God picked me and your Daddy to be your parents. I fall more in love with your Daddy every time I see him with you. We love you so much Baby Boy! You will always be Mommy's Man and Daddy's Boy.

I wish the last five months hadn't gone by so fast! It is really true...you should cherish every moment with your baby because they won't be little for long.


1 comment:

Katy said...

So handsome! I just love him.